Monday, September 21, 2009

Being grateful

I started today feeling glum.

Not for any reason in particular but just very close to snapping for no reason at all.

Its now the end of the day and i have thought of a list of things for which I'm grateful.

  1. I'm grateful for having found the ying to my yang.
  2. I'm grateful that I don't have to compete in the dating world with the lithe, eagerly fashionable, young things that surround me.
  3. I'm grateful that I am working in a job that allows for both brilliance & balance.
  4. I am grateful that I have never been & never will be dumped via some form of digital technology.
  5. I am grateful that despite having gone through my fair share the lonliness, hurt & false bravado of a break-up it will never haunt me again.
  6. I am grateful for the 3pm smile that I brought to the face of a stressed co-worker upon delivery of some free Gelatissimo.
  7. I am grateful to the guy who gave me his copy of Cleo because I missed out.
  8. I'm grateful that I don't have a squeakily annoying voice or a booming aggressive one.
  9. I'm grateful that the sun stayed up long enough for me to leave work in the light.
  10. I'm grateful for being able to share these thoughts.

I obviously have a bit of a theme going on here and I think it is about growing up.

As much as it still pains me to think of all the lonley & sad times I had during my teens & early 20's maybe all the self-help books are right - you can't truly appreciate how good things are until you've experienced the bad.

I just want to put it out there & thank the universe for bringing me Matt & also for helping me to see the wood from the trees.

No comments: