Wednesday, May 1, 2002

In the beginning...



Eight years ago I got my first job in media. At the time I was studying international communications full time at Macquarie University, sellings jeans at The Urban Store and kicking around with a lawyer-type boyfriend.

I peddled my CV around the industry and ended up with a job at Total Advertising & Communications. It was AWESOME!

Even at this early stage of my career I used to push the boundaries.

Whilst others were content with putting spots on TV, I was asking if the popularity of crime dramas was impacting an increase in social violence.... not that relevant to my day job but an energy that inspired others to ask questions too.

Thankfully - no-one around me quashed my enthusiasm and three and a half years later they were as supportive of me taking off on a European sojourn.

No comments: